For specialist advice, you can request a call back from a Home Office advisor by calling 0300 222 0000, 24 hours a day. They can help with:

  • passports
  • visas
  • immigration
  • replacement documents

You can also get advice at The Curve Assistance Centre.

The Home Office will not be using this tragedy as a reason to carry out immigration checks on those involved.

If you’re in the UK illegally

Residents who are here illegally but have lost their homes in the fire will be able to stay in the UK for up to 12 months.

You do not need to submit an application to be eligible but you will need to come and talk to us in person at The Curve Assistance Centre. You can bring someone with you and we can talk to them on your behalf if it helps.

Please bring any documents you have to show you were living at Grenfell Tower on the date of the fire or close to it. If you have lost your documents in the fire, we can still help.

To learn more call our helpline on 0300 222 0000 to arrange for a call back by a member of our specialist visa and passport team. The line is open 24 hours a day.

Home Office announces changes to Grenfell immigration policy

11 October 2017 – The Home Office has announced changes to the dedicated immigration policy for survivors of the Grenfell Tower tragedy so it provides a route to settlement in the UK.

There is an updated guidance page on the handling of immigration cases involving Grenfell Tower fire survivors and other affected individuals.